Making Time for ME!
During Self Care Awareness month, we are exploring ways to get more ME TIME!
At the Spa at the Glen we know how important time for self care is to mental health, and how hard it can be to find sometimes.
As you may have guessed, the Spa experience and lifestyle are shaped around the concepts of wellness and self care. We have listed a few of many favorite ME TIME activities to help you start your own list. Membership is a great way to make that planning easier, and comes with great savings. We recommend planning regular spa visits to help keep your mind, body balance in check, and making room for ME TIME activities every day. Even 20 minutes a day can make a big difference in your mood, sleep, productivity and happiness!
Get More out of Your Spa Day
- Choose a Package. Did you know our packages pair favorite treatments with a savings of 10% or more? Plus all of our packages include massage which is guaranteed relaxation and stress release!
- Extra time. We encourage all guests to plan extra time around their spa appointments, so they may soak in the hot tub, decompress in the steam room, or simply sip tea quietly by the fireplace. This is your time.
- Take home your favorite products. From professional skin care, decadent body products, to spa wear, accessories and gifts… These are just a few of the things you will find in our Spa Lifestyle store. Everything you need for relaxing me time at home!
Make ME TIME Every Day
- Go for a walk. Enjoy the quiet, stretch your legs, let your mind wander.
- Breathing or meditation. Need a respite? Close your eyes and practice 4/4/4 breathing technique. I do this when I need to derail some anxiety, or just want to clear my mind for the next part of my day.
- Create a bedtime routine that includes some self care. Could be your favorite skin care (time to mask up!), a soak in the tub, or reading a book.
- Fold laundry. Yep you read that right. I love folding laundry. I enjoy the freedom to think about anything while methodically folding clean clothes. I feel the reward of being productive and the lightness of a tidy space. What is your “relaxing” chore?
- Make a cup of tea. Another ritual, I enjoy taking the break to make tea, the scent of the tea and the warmth of the cup while I wait for it to cool.
What are YOUR favorite ways to make time for self and relax?