How to Combat Maskne
If you are noticing changes to your skin, wearing a mask may be contributing
Our team supports and follows the recommendations for wearing masks to help stop the spread. We are also very familiar with some of the issues and discomfort that can come from hours of wearing mask… Maskne! (Mask + Acne) If you are noticing more breakouts lately, new mask habits may be part of the problem. Here are some tips to help:
1. Wearing a mask all day can limit oxygen flow and trap bacteria. Wash your face twice a day with warm water and a gently cleanser.
2. Apply a clean, breathable mask. If you wear a cloth mask, wash it between each use.
3. Use an alcohol-free toner once a day. Wearing a mask for several hours traps bacteria on the skin surface.
4. Avoid wearing makeup under the mask. Makeup (foundation) adds another layer and paired with mask can lead to clogged pores.
5. Wearing a mask may cause skin to feel drier than usual. Hydrate with a light moisturizer to prevent irritation/redness.
6. Book a Facial. Your esthetician can provide recommendations based on your skin type and apply advance care products to remedy issues. The soothing treatment will relax you and leave you fresh faced and glowing. Your esthetician misses you!
Call 714-990-2090 to schedule an appointment.