Winter Skin Care Tips
Cooler weather isn’t the only sign of change of seasons, a look in the mirror may reveal your skin is behaving differently as well. As our bodies largest organ, our skin works hard to adapt to environmental changes but can become stressed and need some loving care. This is especially true for extra sensitive areas like face and neck, or those with more exposure, such as our hands. The Spa at the Glen beauty team put together some quick tips for a glowing complexion and happy skin from head to toe.
1. Get Expert Advice from an Esthetician
Book your next facial and take advantage of the expert advice. Every facial will begin with a consultation, so that your esthetician can customize your treatment to your skins needs. Be sure to mention any concerns or questions you have. In addition to creating a personalized treatment, they can provide recommendations specific to your skin type and lifestyle. Whether extra attention to exfoliating, a rich moisturizer to target dry areas, or serum options to speed up healing, your estie will have recommendations to get you on track. Plus, when it starts getting chilly, slipping into a cozy spa day with a relaxing facial is exactly what I want to be doing!
2. Adjust your Home Skin Care Regimen
This may mean moisturizing more often, as well as adding to your skin care line up to maintain your glow through winter months. Consider thicker creams and balms with a mix of natural actives, emollients, humectants. Think about ingredients like almond oil (a great skin-barrier nourisher) and aloe (rich in active enzymes, vitamins and minerals, and a known anti-inflammatory and skin hydrator) Your esthetician can guide you to those best suited to your skin type. (Available in the Spa Boutique.)
Check out these from Glo Skin Beauty to brighten dull winter skin. Your esthetician can recommend which products may be most beneficial for your skin type and lifestyle.
- Hydra-Bright AHA Hydrator. A next-level brightening boost, Hydra-Bright AHA Hydrator moisturizer is infused with vitamin C to restore radiance and shield from the damaging effects of blue light and pollution, while a mineral illuminating complex imparts instant glass-skin luminosity.
- Restorative Cream. Deliver deep, lasting moisture to dry, dehydrated skin, with this rich, nourishing day cream. Restoring and repairing skin, while protecting it against signs of aging and environmental stress, it’s powered by squalane and superfruit complex for soothed, calmed complexions.
- C-Shield Eye Restore Hydrator. Antioxidant-rich silky eye cream powered by skin-strengthening peptides, nourishing vitamins, and blue light defense, to protect and prevent signs of aging, while diminishing appearance of fine lines, dark circles, and puffiness.
3. Get a Facial that’s Focused on Hydration
Have you heard of the Hydrafacial? We consider it to be the best remedy for dry winter skin we have found! While the name seems to say it all, this game changing treatment has a unique Vortex Fusion serum delivery system that cleanses the skin evenly, exfoliates and extracts to remove impurities and dead skin cells, while infusing vital nutrients to the skin. The Spa at the Glen Hydrafacial menu includes 3 different treatments, plus add on boosters to address specific skin concerns. Gentle and non-invasive, you will see visible results after your first treatment! Read more about the Hydrafacial.